twitter
rss

Mummy hasn't been reading a lot to Celeste. Very guilty. I try to read to her when I remember and have the energy. No daily reading but thankfully, Celeste still enjoys sitting down with me and listening to me everytime I tell her to bring a book for me to read out loud to her.


Hence, Celeste's reading skill is not so up to par to what I expect. I know of other same aged kids who can read better than her.

Anyway, I was doing a simple activity with her. Knowing that she likes Thomas and Friends, I wrote some Thomas and Friends names on the drawing paper. So there's Percy, James, Thomas. Celeste wanted me to add in Papa and Mummy into the paper. Then I got her to read the names after me for the first time. The second time, I tested her. She got it all right.

Later, I added in chinese Nai Nai and in english Teacher Maggie and her own name, Celeste.

She got everything right too!

Today I tested her again, thinking she could have forgotten evrythig at the first try. But she remembered all perfectly! Wish I have memory like her.

Tested her a few times until I think she got bored.
When grandma pointed to "Mummy" and asked her what it was, Celeste said very innocently and quickly, "FORGOT!"

hahahhaha. How smart of her to end the test because it just brought laughter to Grandma and me.

My darling Celeste is just so adorable. I wish I can hug her to sleep and to everywhere (provided she's not naughty).

0 comments:

Post a Comment